It’s just an honor to be nominated! Actually, its wonderful to be part of a community of people who inspire you, appreciate you, and share themselves with you. Getting nominated for an award is just a reminder of this process, and that’s what really nice about it.
Like all Blogger Awards, the 2012 BOTY has rules which must be followed. They are as follows:
- Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award.
- Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
- Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!).
- Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them.
- You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience.
- As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…!
Well then, here’s to the people I wish to nominate for this years “Blog of the Year”!
- Raven Lunatick – Science fiction, fantasy, and weird-stuff enthusiast, this woman and indie writer is a real go getter who regularly produces flash fiction and interesting articles on the world of weird and scary things! Also, her selfless dedication to protecting the rest of us from such literature as Fifty Shades of Grey cannot be under-appreciated. Man, this woman is a trooper!
- Rami Ungar – Dedicated indie writer, sci-fi fan and enthusiast of all things geeky, like me! Our paths are converging in many, weird ways, makes me think our destinies might be intertwined… spooky! And of course, he’s got a superhero alter ego – Revenger codename: Judgement!
- Audrey Johnson – World traveler, social activist, humanist and all around adventurer, there’s very little Audrey hasn’t seen and done, and hearing about it is a real treat Also, were it not for her constant encouragement, writers like me couldn’t produce.
- Nicola Higgins – Fellow writer, sci-fi geek, futurist and martial artist, Nicola is also a regular favorite of mine. And it’s not just because we have so much in common… necessarily ;) Read her stuff, you’ll see what I mean!
- Lady Romp – Dedicated intellectual, fashionista, pop culture commentator, and speaker for women everywhere. Her philosophical investigations, social commentary and inspirational quotes are always interesting to read.
- Mike’s Craft Beer – One of the best reviewers of beer and craft brewing I’ve known who’s passion and knowledge for the malted nectar of the gods is even greater than my own!
- Khaalidah - The hardworking wife, mother, medical practitioner, writer and self-professed geek! I nominate her pretty regularly, but there’s a reason for that Her ongoing dedication to life, plus her thoughts on the world, on literature, on science fiction, and her active involvement in writing with myself and others is an inspiration. Oh, and did I mention her Revenger alter ego is the Veiled Tsunami?
- Greta van der Rol – Action, science fiction and romance are this ladies trademark styles, and her passion for the written word (especially the production thereof) is encouraging and astounding. Hope to rival her vast collection of tomes one day!
- Nina D’Arcangela – The Dark Angel lady – which is not only the meaning of her last name but her alter ego (she’s part of the Revengers too!) – her regular infusions of deep, gothic poetry and literature are nothing if not spine-tingly-dingly! But somehow, she still manages to be a bright and spunky lady and a breath of fresh air!
Congrats to all of you and all of us! I’m sure we deserve it (darn tootin’ we do!)