Well, well, well… it’s blog award season again. Which means, time to nominate and be nominated for some new blogging award! My thanks to Jeff Whelan who did me the solid of nominating me, and my congratulations for those who will receive the nod from me, in just a moment…
First things first. To quote Jeff Whelan, who in turn quoted Rolando of Rolando’s weebly (who in turn quotes someone else, apparently) the purpose of this award is to recognize people who “positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” Wow, thanks! And I can think of several people I want to, just as soon as I answer the following questions:
- What is your passion? Just one? Well, I love the written word. And I don’t mean that woosy thing called reading. It’s good, but my passion is in the creation thereof. Every time I read something good, see something good, or play something good, it sends me to my computer to write something similarly inspired!
- Favorite time of the year? Summer, always. I love the heat, the feeling of nature reborn, the late evening, the backyard bbq and beer, and the fact that women walk around wearing less fabric.
- Favorite book? 1984. No matter how much time passes or how many other great books I’ve read, I always come back to this one. Orwell was a genius and tackled so much that was relevant in his time and of the human condition. Nothing else I know rivals it.
- Favorite movie? Die Hard, or possibly Ong Bak. There’s something about a movie you can watch over and over, and which involves some serious, death-defying ass-kicking!
- Favorite animal? I love animals in general, but I am decidely a cat person. I grew up with cats, my family fosters cats, and my current animal is Jasper, a cat who suffers from an overdose of personality!
- Favorite time of the day? Early evening. I love the energy of the time, between the workday and the night. It’s especially potent on Fridays, and I just like the feel of it for reasons I can’t fully describe.
- Favorite Flower? The Rose. It reminds me of my Carla, who’s middle name just happens to be Rose!
- Favorite nonalcoholic beverage? I’m sorry, non-alcoholic? Gee, I don’t know. I don’t do soft drinks and we aren’t allowed to have citrus-heavy drinks our house due to allergies. Give me… mineral water, please!
- Favorite physical activity? Taekwon-Do. Been my religion and my principal means of stress relief since the age of 10.
- Favorite vacation? Eurotrip or Mayan Riviera! Any opportunity to see ancient ruins and immerse myself in a foreign culture that is famous for warm weather, oceans, and hospitable people.
And now that that is done, onto the ten nominees who “positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” Here they are in no particular order:
- Dangerously Daydreaming: the site of world adventurer, foodie, cultural enthusiast, west-coaster and humanitarian, Audrey Johnson. I still envy her travel dossier, and someday I mean to go places and rub her nose in it for a change!
- Rami Ungar: the writer, student, and part-time activist who’s journey of learning, self-discovery, and activism for change inspires me all the time! I think this might by my third of fourth nomination of his site…
- Ye Old Soapbox: the perennial political ranter, avid left-winger, and man who’s annoyance and disrespect for the stupidity of right-wing politicians, lobbyists and talking heads humbles my own!
- Bucket List Publications: the website of Lesley Carter, a woman dedicated to living life to the fullest, and also travel, tourism, adventure and other such things!
- Rendezvous with Renee: the sparkly, super lady who pretty much channels the spirit of Marlyn Monroe and Amelia Earhart, with just a little Oprah Winfrey thrown in for good measure!
- 35andupcynicismonhold: the home of the positive and impressive lady who goes by the alias of “Cynicism on Hold”, and writes about life, experience, and the travails of growing, all the while seeking to keep cynicism at bay.
- abcofspirittalk: blogger, dancer, educator of humanity, spiritual medium, and spelunker of the collective unconscious; yeah, Carolyn pretty much does it all here!
- Writerlious: the site dedicated to the blogger and aspiring writer, art and culture enthusiast, fantasy reader, wife, mother, and dog owner Erin Brady Pike.
- idealisticrebel: the home of a social activist, counselor, former nurse, make-up artist, spiritualist, and (as the name suggest) idealistic rebel. As you can imagine, she inspires, and in more ways than one!
- Rigzen Chomo: the name means Feminine Ocean Holding Great Knowledge, in Tibetan. And as the name suggest, a woman of who seeks to convey the virtues of great patience, deep contemplation and profound education to all mankind. Need I say more?
Congrats all! Here’s to another round of awards and mounting recognition 😉 And here’s to a hale, hearty, healthy, prosperous, and even (if it’s too much to ask) profitable 2013!