This news has been a few months in the making, but with the final preparations underway, I feel like it’s time to announce it! In a few weeks, I will be launching my podcast series – Stories from Space – with the Intersection Of Technology, Cybersecurity, And Society Podcast (ITSP), a highly-respected channel that hosts multiple shows. Each of these is dedicated to exploring the past, the present, and the future of humanity’s relationship with technology and the profound effects it can have on our society.
Not too long ago, I was approached by ITSP Magazine to come on and talk about the future of education. Apparently, they caught wind of my article over at Interesting Engineering, “Life in 2050: A Glimpse at Education in the Future,” and wanted to talk about the possibilities. We got on like a house on fire, and the next thing I knew, they were having me back to talk about the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) and all the amazing things it will allow us to see.
By the way, if you want to check out either of those episodes, they can be accessed here
Redefining Society, Episode 905: The Future of Education
Audio Signals, Episode 32: The Future of Space Exploration
During our second chat, they noted that I was making podcasts at the time (mainly for fun) and asked if I would like to do so in a professional capacity. While they had many shows on their channel, they said, they did not have a dedicated show that was all about space. I agreed and asked if I could continue the series I had already created, which was all about exploring the history, concepts, goals, programs, and issues related to human spaceflight and space exploration. I also encouraged to bring on featured guests, and began going through my contact list to enlist the help of some truly heavy hitters!
To date, I have recorded (or am scheduled to record) episodes with the following luminaries:
- Robin Hanson, the man who proposed the Great Filter Hypothesis
- Dr. Harold “Sonny” White, the famed researcher who worked on a warp drive for NASA
- Les Johnson, NASA Principal Investigator and SF author
- Frank White, Mr. Overview Effect himself
- Dr. Sian Proctor, famed science communicator and pilot of the SpaceX Inspiration4 mission
- Vera Mulyani, space architect and founder of Mars City Design
- Dr. Morgan Irons (Deep Space Industries) who sent the “soil health in space” experiments to the ISS
- Joan Marie, a NASA engineer who worked on the DART mission and is a big-time advocate for women in the STEM fields
- Nancy Atkinson, author and veteran of the space industry (and fellow writer for Universe Today)
- Robert Zubrin, founder of the Mars Society and author of The Case for Mars
I got a LOT of other people in mind, but they have yet to RSVP. What can you do? People are busy! Suffice it to say, I’m pretty excited!
One thought on “Good News! Stories from Space Picked up by ITSP Magazine!”
Mazel tov, dude! Post every time a new episode comes out!